Kata Share | Mas Sehat | Ston SEO Responsif Blogger Template
Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.

Kodachrome Beauties

August 1942. Via
I have a bit of an obsession with old photography, and I particularly love pretty much anything cross-processed.  I've never chemically developed a photo myself, which is maybe sacrilege, but I enjoy trying to re-create the look of old pictures, and the processes that created them, in Photoshop.

October 1942 Via
Our "Claremont" shoot was one such project.  I wanted the photos to look like they came from the late 30s/early 40s, without being too Instagram.  Naturally, the best thing to do is refer back to the real thing, original vintage Kodachromes.

Chicago, April 1943. Via
Kodachrome was one of the first successful color films available, produced by Eastman Kodak starting in 1935.  It was a favorite of professional photographers for periodicals like Life and Time, but due to the skill required to develop it, Kodachrome was discontinued in 2009, much to the chagrin of the traditional photography community.

October 1942. Via
October 1942. Via
October 1942. Via
There's a particular quality to these old photos that I find incredibly appealing.  The color, both bold and desaturate at the same time; the grain, the lighting; of course, the subject matter.  Looking at my photos from the other day, versus these, now I think I didn't do a very good job!

Classic Las Vegas, 1958. via
August 1942. Via
October 1942. Via
If you are interested in old photos, I highly recommend Shorpy.com
If you want to learn more about Kodachrome, click here.
Terima kasih telah membaca artikel tentang Kodachrome Beauties di blog TheTartery - Share Suka-Suka Gue jika anda ingin menyebar luaskan artikel ini di mohon untuk mencantumkan link sebagai Sumbernya, dan bila artikel ini bermanfaat silakan bookmark halaman ini diwebbroswer anda, dengan cara menekan Ctrl + D pada tombol keyboard anda.

Artikel terbaru :

Kata Share | Mas Sehat | Ston SEO Responsif Blogger Template